Another Red Card, so many issues with this stove!
1) Found a rust hole in the twin wall flue system in the loft space
2) No safety barrier around the twin wall flue system in the loft space
3) Twin wall flue system has been fitted to close to the wooden structure in the loft space
4) No fire stop in between ceilings
5) No visual access to joints in the chimney breast
6) Halve was too small for the size of the stove fitted
7) No carbon monoxide alarm in the property
Here at Essex and Suffolk Sweeps, we pride ourselves on our great quality service ensuring you can use your Stove or wood burner safely.
We recommend Chimney / Flue Sweeping should be carried out regularly. This is to help eliminate the build up of soot, creosote and other debris. But to also ensure issues such as the ones highlighted above are dealt with quickly and safely.
Our services include the following:
Chimney & flue blockages cleared
Chimney and flues, sweep and vacuumed
Bird nest removal
Chimney Pots, Bird guards and cowls fitted
CCTV camera inspection
Certificate, recognised by all leading insurance companies, always issued
Damaged chimney pot/stack replacement
Flue smoke tests
Wood and multi-fuel stove cleaning & repairs
Solid fuel cookers repairs
Burner installation (Hetas Certified)
We are based in the South Essex area, but we do cover all surrounding areas from Woodbridge in Suffolk right through to Kent areas. We do not contract any work out and all works undertaken will be carried out by a certified and fully insured member of the Guild of Master Chimney Sweeps. By choosing Essex & Suffolk Sweeps to service your chimney, or for any of the additional Gardening and DIY services we are able to offer, you can be sure that you will receive a professional, dependable and friendly service.
Contact us for more information.